Options to Pay Dues to Headquarters
We examined various payment options based on the number of members. Here are some considerations.
Best Option for Paying for One Member - PayPal
- PayPal (which charges a 5% fee on all payments) is a reasonable option for paying dues for only one member.
- Note the following when paying by credit card using PayPal – Be sure to check what your credit card charges as a foreign transaction fee. The calculations assumed 3%. Some credit cards have no transaction fee.
Best Option for Paying for Multiple Members - Wise
- Using Wise.com (formerly TransferWise) appears to be the most economical option for chapters regardless of the size of your membership! If you need help with this option, feel free to contact Stephanie English, Communications Chair. Many chapters used this method successfully.
- You no longer need to add 4,000 yen to your payment using Wise.com as there are no bank transfer fees for I.I. to pay in Japan. If you send them 60,000 yen, that is the precise amount they will receive.
- Fees on Wise.com are much less than any option above payment for one member.
Not Recommended - Wire Transfer
- A wire transfer from your chapter’s local bank needs to include the additional 4,000 yen or about $50.
- NCAR does not recommend a direct payment from your bank to the I.I. bank as using Wise.com is more economical.