With the generous support of the Iwaya Fund*,
all NCAR chapters have an upgraded Zoom account
All You Need to Know to Use Zoom
This page primarily contains information for all Zoom meetings.
- Using the Registration feature to enhance Zoom meeting security
- This policy document outlines the courtesies and policies of using the account to maximize its use for all chapters within the North & Central American Region (NCAR)
- How to schedule a Zoom meeting and the protocols associated with the NCAR Account.
- It is recommended that all hosts and participants have the latest version of Zoom (as of 1/21/22, the latest version was 5.9.1). Click here for Zoom update instructions.
- This document is worth sending to your chapter members on “How to Participate in a Zoom meeting”
- Zoom etiquette guidelines to share with members and guests
- Zoom Guidelines and Instructions for Chapters – this contains just about everything you need to know about Zoom for your chapter meetings and video showings.
- To access the login information and Password for this account please email or call the Regional Advocate for your chapter.
We are excited to make this Pro Zoom account available to your chapter for meetings, programs and exhibitions as you learn how to use the technology. We encourage you now and the future to use it for :
- Board meetings
- Committee meetings
- Chapter meetings
- Programs that are conducive to video conferencing or for smaller attendance
- Events during bad weather (summer or winter)
- Showing any of the 10 subscription or 2022 Pay Per View (PPV) videos.
- Videos must be scheduled in advance by your chapter. Please be aware that many chapters have the same meeting time and day. Your meeting must not start within 30 minutes of any previous meeting ending. Start time is determined by when you start allowing people to enter the meeting, not the time the actual meeting or video is to begin.
- When using your own Zoom account –
- Original 10 Video Subscription Plan – you must get the password from your Regional Advocate
- New 2022 Pay Per View Video Collection – You may schedule at any time. You will receive the password for the video when you pay for it.
We firmly believe that you will find this tool useful now when we are still not meeting in person as well as into the future.