As many chapters are still unable to meet in person, in early 2020, the Regional Advocates prepared the documents to help chapters conduct and report their elections. It appears that many chapters are not able to meeting in person yet, so the Regional Advocates have updated the documents, primarily sample emails for your use for the 2021-23 election process.
Elected Directors Form
I.I. HQ has a new form for us to use this year – click here to download it, fill it out and email it to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do this as soon as your board has been elected. No need to wait until they are installed to submit this form. If you prefer – here is the PDF version of the same form.
Read below for details and resources for conducting elections online or via email
These documents have been revised to reflect conducting the election process via Zoom and/or email and cover the process from nomination through the final elections results. We recommend you utilize these Word documents to copy and paste and tailor to your chapter needs and insert into an email as needed. If you have any questions about conducting this process via email or Zoom, please contact your Regional Advocate.
- Please review this email that will be sent to all chapters.
- The following sample emails are Word documents that can be used by your Nominating Committee to conduct the process from proposing the slate to the current Board to announcing the chapter vote results on the newly elected Board. Now that you have a Zoom account available to you, this could be done at a Chapter Board meeting held on Zoom. Most by-laws require the following timing:
- Announcement of slate to current board one month prior to announcement to membership – #2 Announcing Proposed Slate to Current Board
- Assuming board approval, the slate is announced to all members a minimum of one month prior to the voting process. #3 Announcing Board Approved Slate to all Chapter Members. This sample email also, as per by-laws, outlines the process for nominations from the “floor”.
- Assuming no further nominations, the following month or chapter meeting, the voting can take place. #4 Ballot for Voting with no further nominations from the “floor”.
- If there are nominations from the floor – use this email to continue
- Installation of officers vary by chapter, but often occurs immediately after the chapter meeting vote or the next month. Use this email to announce the voting results to your chapter members.
- Report the results of your elections using this Elected Directors Form (Word)
Click here to return to Directory of Resources page