The North and Central American Region (NCAR) is the largest region of seven regions within Ikebana International, reaching from Canada to the Panama Canal. As the Regional Advocate Committee, we seek to strengthen relationships with the 66 NCAR chapters – through engagement, communication and knowledge sharing – to enhance chapter and school vitality. We provide resources and share proven practices to spread the art of ikebana.
NCAR Advocate Vision
“Leveraging the talent of members to inform and inspire the future of ikebana”.
- Working to develop programs that will attract new and younger members
- Ensuring a legacy into the future
- Finding ways to inspire new ikebanists to join this global organization
NAR to NCAR
- NAR – North American Region – largest region within Ikebana International
- 2017- Combined with Central Region of Ikebana International to create NCAR or North & Central American Region
- Established in 1992 to promote communications between all NCAR chapters
- Each subsequent NCAR Regional Conference passed resolutions continuing the importance of the liaisons’ role of improving communications among chapters and disseminating information about chapter activities to all NCAR chapters
- 2019 Regional Conference expanded the NCAR Liaison role from one to a six person committee
NCAR Advocate Committee
Now called Regional Advocates Committee the Regional Advocates are working to support chapters through this website, social media and direct contact with the chapters. You can find more information about the NCAR Advocates Committee here. Our vision (stated above) and objectives can be found here. You are welcome to download this flyer about the NCAR Regional Advocates and their objectives and share it with your membership.